Add Your CCTV to Another Mobile Device
Story by: admin
29 September 2021
Upon installation of your CCTV system, your Securico installer will help you set up the mobile app (Hik-Connect).
This process creates a Hik-Connect account and links your CCTV system by its unique serial number, to your new Hik-Connect account.
This linking only needs to be done once. Once linked (a.k.a. bound), the system cannot be bound to any other Hik-Connect account.
This binding is an extra security step meaning someone cannot add your CCTV to their own Hik-Connect account, because it is already bound to yours. Please see our self-help guide “Sharing Your CCTV Cameras” if someone else needs access to
It is very important that you make a secure note of your Hik-Connect login details, as failure to do so will prevent you accessing the system via your mobile device.
From here on in, you will simply be signing into your Hik-Connect account via the app to view your CCTV. No further setup is required.
Your Hik-Connect account will be set up using your mobile phone number or email address.
You can manage your account from www.hik-connect.com.
The steps below will help you add your CCTV to another phone or tablet that you own.
You can also use these same steps if you get a new phone.
If you want to share your CCTV cameras with another person, please see our guide “Share Your CCTV Cameras” which is safer than sharing your Hik-Connect password with someone else.
Step 1: Open the App
● If your phone asks permission to “access photos, media and files” tap Allow.
This allows the app to save video and photos from your CCTV to your phone
● Find and tap United Kingdom on the Regional Settings screen.
● Tap Login
Step 2: Signing In to the App
● Your CCTV installer will have linked the app to your phone number or email
address, so tap the option Login by Mobile Phone Number (or Login by
Email Address, if appropriate).
● Tap the appropriate box and type your phone number / email address.
● Now tap the Password box and type your password.
● Tap Login (enter the security “CAPTCHA” digits, if prompted).
● The app will sign-in and present you with the My Device screen.
● This screen called My Device shows your CCTV recorder name, which is
usually the model number or serial number of the recorder.
● Tapping the small, downward pointing arrow to the right of the recorder name
expands a list below, showing each of your cameras.