Share Your CCTV Cameras
Story by: admin
29 September 2021
This guide provides instructions on sharing your CCTV without sharing your Hik-Connect password, or your CCTV system password.
This method gives you, the CCTV owner, the ability to also revoke access to the system, directly from your own mobile app.
You will need to be using the app Hik-Connect on either iPhone / iPad or Android.
The person you want to share your CCTV with also needs to install Hik-Connect and they will need to register the app by creating their own Hik-Connect account.
Part one is a set of instructions for the person you are sharing your CCTV with and part two is a set of instructions for you, the CCTV owner.
At the end of this manual you will find instructions on revoking someone’s access to your CCTV.
Instructions for the other person with whom you are sharing your CCTV:
- On your phone visit https://appstore.hikvision.com/ and download and install Hik-Connect.
- Tap on Register.
- On the next screen enter your mobile phone number and then tap Get Security Code.
- Enter the security code and follow the instructions on-screen to choose your own password and finalise account registration.
Instructions for the person who is sharing their CCTV (the CCTV owner):
- Open Hik-Connect on your mobile phone
- Tap More (from the menu at the bottom of the screen)
- Tap Manage Sharing Settings
- Tap Share Device
- Tap in the box labelled Email Address/Mobile Phone Number and enter the phone number of the person you are sharing your CCTV with
- Tap the tick icon top-right of the screen
- Tap Next
- The next screen displays your CCTV system by name
- To share all cameras tap the circle next to the CCTV name
- To share specific cameras tap the down-arrow which then lists all the cameras. Choose the individual cameras you want to share by tapping to place a tick in the circle next to each camera
- Now tap Next (at the bottom of the screen)
- The Remark box allows you to add the name of the person you are sharing with
- The next screen allows you to give permissions for each camera: e.g. Live View, Playback, and if a feature of your CCTV system there are additional permission like Alarm, Two-way Audio, PTZ
- Either tap the box for All Permissions, which will grant full access to all cameras with all permissions, or tap each camera listed and select the permissions you wish to grant
- When you are happy with the privileges given, tap Finish (bottom of the screen)
- The person with whom you have shared your CCTV will receive a notification in their Hik-Connect app to state that they have received a shared device.
Revoking Access to your CCTV
The advantage of using this sharing method is that you, the CCTV owner, have full control over who can access your CCTV, including removing access to your CCTV.
To remove someone’s access to your CCTV:
- Open the Hik-Connect app on your phone
- Tap More
- Tap Manage Sharing Settings
- Under My Device you will see the people (a list of phone numbers) you have shared your device with
- Tap the phone number you want to remove from having access
- The next screen allows you to change individual permissions for each camera
- To remove all permissions, tick the box for All Permission
- At the bottom of the screen tap Delete
- A confirmation prompt will appear on-screen asking you to confirm deletion of the person you are sharing with
- Tap Confirm if you are happy to delete access for that person
Updated: June 2020